Monday, May 30, 2005

Reflection- dealing with miscommunication and mistakes

Today I learned that sometimes people completely misunderstand each other and don't get anywhere. This happened because on Friday there was a problem on the bus between a couple of students and a parent helper which I had to do something about.

After talking with the students involved today it occurred to me that one of them didn't understand how to communicate with the parent (or me) that they were not in the wrong, and this is what caused the problem!

It was good to be able to discuss this with all people involved and it reinforces to me the importance of open and honest communication amongst team members.

The next step in my learning is to be able to transfer this to other situations.

Another thing I've been thinking about lately is the importance of how you deal with mistakes. I'll discuss this in more detail tomorrow though.
Mr Clarke

No comments: