Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Reflection- flow week

Today I learned that I am possibly giving some of my team too much freedom during flow week. I learned this when a number of staff came to me to let me know of the poor state of the art area in the Village. I checked and yes, it was a real mess. I need to tighten up the system for flow week so that children understand that they are expected to clean up after themselves, plus build in more accountability so that they know they need to create things that show improvment in learning.

Because of this learning I now know to keep a closer eye on how flow week is going plus I can structure it a little more.

The next step in my learning is to get this across to anyone involved in flow week and follow up by viewing the outcomes they have come up with. If they are not to a standard that the students are capable of then we need to ask the question "Is flow week actually working?" and "How can flow week be refined to ensure that we are getting quality learning?"

No comments: