Friday, August 28, 2009

Term 3 Week 6

What have Team 13 been doing for the past 2 weeks?

* Today we went to assembly and Teams 22 and 14 did a slide show for us and told us about the free rice website that we will be able to do. We get no homework the week we do this. - Rose

* We went to the museum and we had lunch in the gardens and played on the playground - Reilly. We went into a big umbrella tree and played in it and me and Tom went the highest in there - Trent. We leanrt about our bodies at the museum - Leo.
We learnt:

The large intestine was quite small and the small intestine was really long - Alex.
Our heart is not the shape of a love heart. - Rosa
We learnt how to play hopscotch - Ryan
I didn't know that you had a liver in your body and it does more than 500 things for your body - Reilly
The food and food and water goes through your system really slowly and takes on average about 30 hours for your food to go right through your whole body system. - Tom
I learnt that when you drink too much fizzy it makes you burp - Cass
I could see how a skeleton opened a door and I saw a skeleton of a man with a special torch - Jackson.
I learnt that when your food goes down into your tummy it get all mushed up like a smoothie - Eliza
We went into a tunnel and we had to blow a truck to move it - Ryan


* We started doing out calendar art - Mary.

* Today is my birthday and I told the class what I got this morning. I got a brain box game and a book called Christian the Lion. - Annabelle.

* For handwriting this week we did 'oa' and last week we did 'igh'. - Kyle. We did these vowel sounds for poetry as well.

* I was the star child for the first time - yay me!!! - Jackson.

* We are making a brand new library and we can check out the pictures of this on the school website. - Jee-Sung.

* We published our recipe's for making milkshakes. Our parents will see these in our learning reports when they come for the conferences in week 8. - Tom, Ryan and Mary.

* Miss Stackhouse came to visit and she left at lunchtime. She taught us for the morning - we didn't expect her to come and it was really good to see her again. - Tom

* We welcomed Miss Kurano into our class. She will be with us until the end of this term. - Daniel

* We learnt how to tell the time in maths and we can now read calendars. - Jackson.

No comments: