Saturday, July 02, 2005

Audio Blogging is here

Today I learned how to embed a sound file into my blog which could be really useful! Click here to play my first sound file

Here's what I did...

  1. Made a new conference called audioblog inside my Home Page Folder in FirstClass. You can email to a conference using FirstClass but not directly to a folder which is a pain, that is why I had to make a conference.

  2. Made a new email message to this conference, which came up in the directory in FirstClass.

  3. Recorded a voice message and sent the email to the conference.

  4. Opened up my home page folder and went inside the audioblog conference, clicked on the link to find the URL for the .wav file that is the voice message (phew). Copy this link to the clipboard.

  5. Found out how to embed a sound file (or a movie) into a web page at this webpage.

  6. Pasted the code into my blog and changed the URL of the sound file.


Wammo- it works!
Because of this learning I can now help those for whom writing is not easy to record their reflections.
The next step in my learning is to try to make this easy so anyone can do it! Plus I want to make it so that it is embedded in the page rather than as a hyperlink- for some reason blogger won't accept the 'embed' tag.

No comments: