Monday, June 27, 2005

Reflection- goal setting

Today I learned that goal setting needs to a continual focus. I learnt this because I gave team 13 a 'test' (which wasn't really a test but rather just me finding out who remembered their goals!) to see if they could remember their goals for term two. As it turned out many couldn't which indicates to me that they aren't thinking about them enough.

Because of this learning I now understand that I need to make the system for goal setting and making progress towards these goals much more obvious and overt. I will do this by publishing goals in a visual way for all to see and refer to all the time- perhaps through art?

The next step in my learning is to make sure I do something about this and make everyone's goals public for all to see. I'll ask team 13 about this tomorrow and get their ideas about how we could do this.

No comments: