Thursday, June 16, 2005

Reflection- inquiry action planning

Today I learned that the inquiry groups in team 13 are starting to get the idea of what it means to make an action plan that helps you as you go. For some reason many of the students thought that once the action plan was 'finished' that it was over- they were missing the point that it is a work in progress and should be constantly changing.

Because of this learning I can now relax a little and maintain my sanity because I know that my patience is paying off- eventually! This has been hard for me because I have had to balance the time required for students to learn to become more self-organising with my desire to more them on!

The next step in my learning is to ensure that I make this very obvious to everyone in team 13, so that they know that action plans are a constant work in progress!!!

No comments: