Friday, June 17, 2005

Reflection- inquiry questions

Today I learned that it takes time to devise really powerful questions. I learned this after Matt and Emily came back from the museum trip which they had organised themselves. The had a whole heap of information that they had learned from their contact at the museum Norton. I turned the piece of paper over and saw the questions they had designed and some of them were really well thought through questions. I can't remember what they were but I do remember that these questions were really seriously powerful (I'll try and find them on Tuesday when I get back to school...).

The other thing I've learned is that I need to be patient and let my students organise themselves. It has been a long process getting the space inquiry group to get their field trip organised but they've done it!

Because of this learning I know that I can trust team 13 to come up with the goods in terms of learning and I can also rely on them to come up with awesome questions! Wow!

The next step in my learning is to share this with the teachers I'm going to work with down south in Dunedin. I also want to involve more people in the team 13 blog somehow and wonder if getting them invited from their parents' email accounts might work?

No comments: